Pages

Wednesday 24 October 2012

OMG I have a Toddler!


Master A (or Ace as he's known round these parts...more of the origin of the name later...) is 15 months, 14 days and 11hrs old to be exact and we've officially entered TODDLERVILLE!!

I have mixed feelings about this new territory we've entered. I dont feel quite prepared for what's in store.

Mostly he's a happy little boy, except when hes sick. Then you know when he's not well. But lately his mood changes so quickly. Like a women with bad PMS.

One minute he's all la dee daa happy. The next, hes wailing like a...well... baby!

I know what you're all saying by now - WELCOME TO PARENTHOOD!

Now i'm not that naive to know that this was too come but I guess I had this false hope that 'it will never happen to my child!'

And hey, this is nothing. This is just the tip of the iceberg but already im shaking in my little mothering boots. I didnt realise how unprepared I am. I have no idea how to handle a tantrum. I mean, how do you explain stuff to a 15mth old? He has no idea what im trying to say. All he cares about is cuddles, or snacks, or sucking the life out of Mr Seahorse.

Anyway, it got me thinking. What is the best age of a child? They all have their advantages and disadvantages. But I think ive come to the conclusion....

There isnt one.

Each day youre with your child, playing and learning and cuddling and teaching is special in its own form. You have to take the good with the bad. And the bad will only make you stronger to face the next bad day. And in the end the good days outweigh the bad. All they have to do is look at you with their cheeky grin and it makes you melt inside.


And I love him so.

(Didnt mean for this post to sound so melodramatic. Ace is not really that bad at all but ive been freaking out a little lately and needed to vent.)

Mel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment